Saturday, May 20, 2017

Cooking: Broccoli Soup


Shalom shalom!

Need something quick, healthy, and delicious for lunch or a light dinner? If so, then this broccoli soup is the recipe for you.  I guarantee that this is the QUICKEST soup you will ever make. Oh, and did I mention that it was delicious?  Just needed to get that across. This is the perfect soup to make for and after Shabbat.



This soup consists only of three ingredients:  broccoli, salt, and two cups of water.  That's it!  How much simpler can it be??? Now, I love fresh broccoli, but I have wasted so much money on it because I didn't get to use it in time, before it went bad.  The solution?  Frozen broccoli.  There's nothing wrong with it.  It is harvest at the peak of freshness before before freezing, so it is just as good as fresh.
Take the ingredients and put them in a medium pot.Bring to a boil...
... And blend.  

I use an immersion blender - - as you can keep the contents in the pot.  However, if you do not have an immersion blender, then you can transfer the ingredients to a regular blender, then back in the pot once processed. Blend...
... Until smooth. Taste to check for seasoning.   Because I seasoned in the beginning, no more salt was needed. 

Enjoy.

 I like to garnish mine with fresh cracked black pepper. Use whatever garnishes you like--cheese, sour cream, crackers.  The possibilities are endless!

This recipe yields about two servings.  You can always double or triple depending on your family's needs.  I hope you enjoy this soup.  Again, quick...easy...delicious.  Please let me know how it turned out for you.  Thanks for stopping by.  Shalom shalom.
Bathshua

No comments:

Post a Comment