Sunday, January 26, 2020

All-Purpose Cleaner



Shalom Shalom!

It's been a while since I have made an entry.  So much has been going on since my last entry.  From being unemployed for eight months and going back to school to learn an new skill to struggling to get food on the table because I had no income coming in, it has been quite an uneventful ride.  I'm working again, and my new challenge is finding time to post my entries.  While my dinner is currently simmering away (I'm having black-eyed peas, rice, and greens BTW), I'd figured that now would be a perfect time!  All the while, I have been doing things that I deem worthy of an entry on this blog, and this all purpose cleaner is one.

We are all becoming aware of how the vast chemicals with which we come in contact have an adverse effect on our health, and chemical cleaners are one of the biggest offenders.  I am working to make our home completely natural and healthy--from the cleaners and medicines to personal care and housewares.  This cleaner is a small step to that.  Upon research of natural cleaners, I've notice that the common denominator in many is vinegar.  Plain, white vinegar is a natural disinfectant and it cuts grease and grime.  While you can totally use it diluted with water, you can also add other ingredients--like baking soda and essential oils for an extra boost.  In mine, I use the aforementioned ingredients, and since using it, I have been extremely happy.  It definitely does the job, and with the particular combination of essential oils that I use, it smells similar to a store bought cleaner.  Please keep reading if you are interested in making this wonderful, natural cleaner!


Here's what you'll need:

*2 cups of purified or distilled water
*1 1/2 cups of white vinegar
*2 teaspoons of baking soda
*1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid
*essential oils (optional.  I chose lemon and tea tree for my cleaner.  Lemon (or any citrus oil for that matter cuts grease, and tea tree is a natural disinfectant).

This recipe is for a 32-ounce bottle.


Lastly, you'll need a container to put you cleaner in and the way to get it in there.  Hence, a 32-ounce bottle and a funnel.  I chose a glass amber bottle because glass is better for the environment and it is better for storing natural things--as opposed to plastic.  I also chose an amber bottle to protect the integrity of the essential oils.  When exposed to light, essential oils can tend to lose their potency.



First, you'll pour in the water, and then the vinegar.


Add the baking soda...


\
....dishwashing liquid...


...and essential oils.  I add 1-2 dropperfuls of each essential oil.  I'm sure that may seem like a lot to some people, but that is my preference.  If you choose to count drops then by all means do so.  In the words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"


Lastly, replace the nozzle, swirl around a bit (don't shake because with the ingredients, it can clog up the nozzle too fast)...

...and Voila!  It's done.   

Use as you would any other all purpose cleaner.  I use this both in the kitchen and bathroom, and is has my surfaces sparkling and everything clean and disinfected.  You can also use on the walls--should you have grease or food stains on there.  It really, really WORKS!  Good bye to store bought cleaners!

I hope that you make this for your home.  If you do, then please provide some feedback on how it turned out for you.  

Thank you again for visiting, and until the next entry, shalom shalom!


No comments:

Post a Comment